SelectionPresetManager is a LightWave ® Modeler plugin to manage the selection of points, edges and polygons. It might be especially useful in cases where you have very large objects with many elements. Once selected, you can easily select items again by going through the presets maintained by this plugin.
Point, edge and polygon presets are kept separately, for easier management.
SelectionPresetManager consists of six plugins:
- CreateSelectionPreset creates a new preset from the currently active primary layer. If there are no active elements, a preset is still created.
It scans all points, edges or polygons (depending on the current mode) and creates a list of those which were selected. Later when you SelectSelectionPreset, all elements present in the preset are reselected, and the rest are unselected. Because this plugin uses pointers to the elements, instead of indices, elements can be safely deleted at any time and bad things won't happen when you try to use the preset again.
- DeleteSelectionPreset deletes the currently active preset. The newly activated preset will be the one with the same index as the deleted one. If there are no presets for the currently active mode, nothing happens.
Please note that this plugin gives no visible indication of it’s operation, but the currently active preset really is deleted and won't be on the list of presets anymore.
- SelectSelectionPreset selects the elements specified in the currently active preset.
- UnselectSelectionPreset unselects the elements from the currently active preset. It's like boolean operation subtract on selected elements.
- SelectPreviousSelectionPreset activates the previous preset and selects it’s elements.
- SelectNextSelectionPreset activates the next preset and selects it’s elements.
Because there is no user interface, usage is very simple: go to Modeler > Edit > Edit Keyboard Shortcuts... or Modeler > Edit > Edit Menu Layout... and assign keys or buttons to all of the SelectionPresetManager commands.
It is recommended to use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- CreateSelectionPreset - F1
- DeleteSelectionPreset - F2
- SelectSelectionPreset - F3
- UnselectSelectionPreset - F4
- SelectPreviousSelectionPreset - F5
- SelectNextSelectionPreset - F6
Once you press a key or button the action will take place, and for SelectSelectionPreset, UnselectSelectionPreset, SelectPreviousSelectionPreset and SelectNextSelectionPreset (if there are some presets) you will immediately see the effect.
It's advised to download videos to disk using Save File As... and watch in off-line movie player.
SelectionPresetManager at work. Change YouTube quality to Full HD!
Changes made in the 1.5 (10-Sep-2008)
- Fixed UnselectSelectionPreset.
- Added support for LightWave v9.0+ edges.
Changes made in the 1.0 (24-Jan-2004)
- The first Windows release.
Minimum Windows Requirements
- LightWave v9.0+
- Pentium or better
- Windows 32 bit
Installing the product
In order to install the program, please extract the archive to some location on your hard disk.
On Windows ®, the archive is in the ZIP format. You will need 3rd party software such as WinZIP, which you can download from http://www.winzip.com (it's not included in the package), or other compatible software to decompress the archive.
Windows XP ® has built-in ZIP support (simply right click on the archiveï¿½s icon, and choose ï¿½Extract all files...ï¿½).
On Macintosh ®, the archive is in the SIT format. You will need 3rd party software such as StuffIt, which you can download from http://www.stuffit.com (it's not included in the package), or compatible software to decompress the archive.
The LightWave ® plugin does not require files to be in specific locations, which is a very nice feature. But for easier file management it is recommended that the plugin files (i.e. those with .p extension) be copied to your LightWave ® plugins folder (f.e. LightWave\Plugins\).
Installing LightWave ® Modeler Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Modeler executable. Select pop-down menu Modeler > Utilities > Add Plugins..., then choose the folder containing the new plugins and select them. You should see a message from LightWave that the plugins have been added successfully. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program.
Uninstalling the product
Uninstalling LightWave ® Modeler Plugins
Run the LightWave ® Modeler executable. Select pop-down menu Modeler > Utilities > Edit Plugins..., then select the plugin files and press the Delete button. The changes will be saved to your configuration file when you quit the program. Now you can safely remove the files from your hard disk.
The price for a single license (product installed on the one machine) is 300 USD (United States Dollars).
This is the preferred ordering method. It has several advantages:
- Easy. You just need to type your personal and credit card details into the order form, and you will receive your goods within max. 48 hours.
- Fast. Usually, you will receive the purchased products within an hour (depending on the time difference between where you live, and the hours we are working)!
- Safe. You are sure your order wonï¿½t be stolen in transit, or held up by postal strikes etc.